A 14-day Miksang Journey in Tarifa, South of Spain
‘Photography From Within’
An in-depth Miksang Contemplative Photography Journey with Miksang 1, 2 & 3
| Dates: March 15 – 28, 2020 |
Join us in the experience of exploring true visual perceptions and genuine elegant photographic expression
- 3 consecutive workshops: Miksang 1, 2 & 3
- Come join us for one, two or three Miksang workshops in Tarifa, Spain
- Workshop location: Dar Cilla Guesthouse >
Immerse yourself in the practice of clear joyful seeing and pure photographic expression, under the Spanish-Moorish sun at the Coast of Light ‘Costa de la Luz’ in Tarifa, Spain.
Enjoy new and further expansion in waking up through the beauty of your everyday world – which is wherever you are. Fully land into the NOW & understand the experience of nowness.
Experience fresh seeing and clarity – experience how you can see the same world with new eyes, discover the everyday beauty
With like-minded people
A window to improve your clear seeing and photographic expression
Excellent workshop location at Dar Cilla Guest House
- Address: Calle Amador de los Rios, 16, 11380 Tarifa, Cádiz, Spain
- Googlemaps >
- March 15 – 18, 2020 : MIKSANG 1 – Seeing From The Heart
More info >>
- March 20 – 23, 2020: MIKSANG 2 – True Connection & Fields of Perception
More info >>
- March 25 – 28, 2020: MIKSANG 3 – Moments & Visual Haiku
More info >>
In between Miksang 1 & 2 & 3 you have a full free day, for integration time and the opportunity wherein you can enjoy the further surroundings. We suggest you also use the afternoons of day 1, 2 & 3 and the days in between to explore Tarifa and its area, relax at the beach, go for a rejuvenating walk along the ocean’s healing waters or join a whale tour (end of March the eco-friendly boat companies start up again).
- Each workshop lasts 1 evening & 3 days.
- This includes an introductory talk for each workshop, a photo presentation, photographic Miksang assignments, long lunches at local restaurant, siesta time.
- Each day, early in the evening, ends with the photo review and reviewing our experiences.
- €330 when participating in one workshop
- €600 when participating in two workshops
- €850 when participating in three workshops
Repeating: €270 per workshop | €500 for 2 workshops | €750 for 3 workshops
Minumum 4 participants per workshop
Maximum 10 participants per workshop
- Miksang Reader (available in EN & DE)
- Post-Miksang assignment after the Miksang 1 workshop
- Facebook Miksang community.
- Flights, meals & accommodation are not included.
Attention! Do not book your itinerary until the Miksang retreat has been confirmed.
ACCOMMODATION in Dar Cilla Guesthouse
When participating in one, two or three workshops your stay will be in an apartment in the Dar Cilla Guest House. At a reduced rate you can enjoy this beautiful location and great service during your stay. In your apartment you select the photos during the Miksang workshop days, enjoy a siesta and alternate this with the view on the roof terrace or a walk down town. With the ease of a 1-minute walk from your apartment to the in-house workshop space.
- Dar Cilla Guesthouse
- Click here for website >
You will receive a Miksang discount when booking a room in the Dar Cilla Guest House.
Office Manager: Martina De Rijke (She speaks, English, Spanish, Dutch & French)
INFO on traveling & accommodation to Tarifa
CLICK HERE for more info
Our recommendation for days of traveling and scheduling your trip
If you would like to combine the workshop with spending more time in the city, feel free to do so, either before and/or after the 3-day workshop.
- Arrival day : advisable is to arrive a day earlier(or a few days earlier) on March 14 2020, latest on March 15 before 18.00 hrs. Make sure you arrive in time for the introductory talk at 19.30 hrs.
- Departure day : day after the last workshop day of each workshop, or whenever you wish afterwards.
Here you’ll find my Miksang Impression from my first visit to Tarifa, January 2017.
- Tarifa is located in the most southern part of Spain – where Europe ends and Africa begins.
- Where the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterrenean Sea meet!
- The city Tangier in Morocco is situated across the ocean within 13 km, easily reachable for an outing by a speedferry boat.
- March in Tarifa is low season, with few tourists around, and offers mild temperatures around 17 – 25 degrees Celsius.
- Amazing dunes and nature reserves, two oceans and the Strait of Gibraltar with many whales, dolphins, flying fish and more. This area is infused with Moorish and Arabic influences, and Tarifa is an old city mixed with modern buildings and houses while still having a laid back atmosphere.
- This area is also known as a surfer’s paradise, because of the frequent winds, and has hardly adopted the famous Spanish beach paradise for sunbathing.
- Delicious and various foods at local restaurants and tapas bars! Local dishes, daily fresh fish, ecological pizzas, healthy salads and a variety of vegetarian options.
- Spend time hanging out on the beach | Enjoy a whale tour with eco friendly whale tour company such as Turmares | Go for a day trip to Tanger(Morocco) with a guide | Visit the Bolonia Dunes |
Contact: Hèlen Vink
Call or mail or WhatsApp:
M +31 (0)6 – 53 52 57 59
or fill in contact form:
Updated: May 25 2019